Monday, November 01, 2004

One Fingered Victory Salute

The God Squad guys suggest that some Kerry supporters may judge President Bush "harshly because he's a believing Christian." On the contrary, I judge him harshly because he is a hypocrite and a dangerous man. He has fooled many people by claiming that he has found his God. I am not one to judge what is in a man's heart, but I have eyes and can see a man's deeds.

I don't wish to waste time with a litany of complaints, but I will share with you one example of George W. Bush's actions that I believe is emblematic of his over-grown frat-boy attitude towards the world.

In Mr. Bush's own words, I give you his "One fingered victory salute."

http://static.vidvote.com/movies/bushuncensored.mov

A word of warning - if you are easily offended, I suggest that you not view the video clip, which is of Mr. Bush himself preparing for a television presentation. I am sure you can imagine what a "one fingered victory salute" is.

I know this is not a big deal in and of itself, but it is probably the purest distillation of his attitude to be found.

Update: The vidvote website is off-line, but the video is out there somewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home