Tuesday, March 10, 2009

There Is (Suddenly) No Spoon

It's funny how one becomes attached to objects. I use a spoon with my tea that I have had for 22 years. It's nothing special, standard government issue - literally, it has "Comm. of Mass." stamped on the handle. I actually remember picking it up in the back yard of the house we lived in for a year in Medford.

It's turned up missing today. It's probably in a pocket somewhere, but I miss it.

Update: Found it. In the pocket of the sport jacket I wore to work yesterday.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zabeth69 said...

That's some old tea, man!

March 17, 2009  
Blogger Pheidias said...

... a spoon with my tea. I have had the spoon for 22 years. ...

March 19, 2009  
Blogger Pheidias said...

The Yale Alumni Magazine had an article this month by William Zinsser, author of "On Writing Well".

March 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home