Friday, December 08, 2006

Vermont Country Store - unhelpful response

My enthusiastic and perhaps (uncharacteristically) gushing request for confirmation from Vermont Country Store that they will be selling Creme Filberts again elicited a response that is either a form letter or a very good imitation of one:
Dear Mr. Grammer,

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry we do not carry the item you are currently looking for. If you would like us to search for this product, please email us your name, phone number and complete billing address including your zip code for the research. Please also include a thorough description of the item. If you prefer to enter the request yourself, please click on "Suggest a Product" on the top of any page on our website. We will be happy to research your request and contact you only if we are able to locate the product.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Tari
Vermont Country Store Customer Service

Thanks, Tari, if you are a real person and not a robot. Did you actually read my request? Did you ask anyone there at the Vermont "Country" Store, or simply check the catalog? I gave you four or five alternate names and a description already, so I doubt that you need my name and address for "research", more likely so you can send me more catalogs. I already get your catalog, although I may have "unsubscribed".

Gee whiz, now you've made me go all Daily Kos on you. /snark>

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at my comment under the original Cream Filbert post.

I guess Tari should have asked someone before replying to you instead of flipping through the catalog
---- because -------
They're available - TODAY, Dec.11,2006 from
The Vermont Country Store.

I just finished placing an order!!!

Here's the link:

SubCat=179&viewall=1>site

It's under Old Fashioned Candy at the bottom right of the last page (pg8).

Hurry to the web site and place your order (hopefully they'll keep the Cream Filberts in stock).
I hope you'll be joining me in the new year - enjoying our Mothballs! (< :

Stephanie

December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Comments aren't coming up on your blog so I thought I'd give it another try and make sure you don't miss the news. This is what I posted earlier:

Cream Filberts are available - TODAY, Dec.11,2006 from The Vermont Country Store.

I just finished placing an order!!!

Here's the link:
*http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/jump.jsp?itemID=179&itemType=CATEGORY&iMain
Cat=38&iSubCat=179&viewall=1*
It's under Old Fashioned Candy at the bottom right of the last page (pg8).

Hurry to the web site and place your order (hopefully they'll keep the Cream Filberts in stock).
I hope you'll be joining me in the new year - enjoying our Mothballs! (< :

Stephanie

December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Giniaruth had a problem placing an order as you'll see as a comment to the original post in 11/05.
This is the comment I posted this evening:

The item # is 48012. They do have it. I placed an order yesterday.

Here's my conversation with their online live help today:
ME: I placed an order yesterday for item #48012 and was told it was available. Now, I'm told differently. IS the item available?
Marianne: One moment please, while I look this up for you.
Marianne: The Creamed Filberts #48012 are available.
ME: Could you tell your phone people it is available? I have friends on the internet who are not placing orders because they're told you don't carry it.
Marianne: We didn't carry them for about 5-6 years but we found a supplier and we have 210 bags in stock & more coming in in January.
Marianne: There are about 55 candies in each 1 lb bag.
ME: Wonderful! Plenty to go around for a little while anyway. Thanks again. You answered my questions. Now, if you can spread the word to all your reps I know people will be placing orders.

Hope this clears up any confusion and you insist on placing your order when you call. (o:
Stephanie

December 12, 2006  
Blogger Pheidias said...

Thanks, Stephanie!

They are indeed on the web site - for 15.95 a pound, 5.95 standard shipping. Seems excessively high priced, but if you're the only source you can set your own price.

I hope they are still available when I overcome the sticker shock.

December 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home