Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Hand Center

I made an appointment at the hand center to take care of another ganglion cyst - a bump at the base of my finger. Dr. Brown (who's not out of town) took care of me two years ago.

When the scheduler asked, "which finger", I said the second one. I could not remember what to call it (which I'm sure I learned in kindergarten).

All I could think of was, the long one, the one that you use to ... well ... the one that President Bush salutes the country with. Couldn't say that on the phone to someone I don't know.

Most people call it the "middle" finger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Philmar said...

I had a ganglion cyst on my right index finger knuckle a bunch of years ago now - it went away by itself after a couple of years. I was in the Air Force at the time and the Dr there said it might do that so not to do anything about it.

I also think that some cortisone treatment might aid its reduction over time.
- Phil

December 08, 2008  
Blogger Pheidias said...

The doc two years ago said it might re-absorb. It has not, in fact it's gotten bigger, so I figured maybe he could drain it successfully this time.

December 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home